Big Sur California, Pacific Coast Highway 1 Photo Tour Thumbnails Index Page
Planning a road trip? Take this virtual tour of Big Sur Pacific Coast Highway 1 Pics for ideas:
Route 66 is long gone but the Great American Road Trip is not, it has just been pushed to the edge of our great nation, past the edge of civilization as we know it into the wild wild wild wilder-ness, the rough rugged Big Sur California Coast. The Pacific Coast Highway 1 along the scenic Big Sur coast exists only because some folks with persistence and classic pioneering spirit won’t let it perish. I have made the trip up PCH 1 from Morro Bay to Carmel and Monterey many many times but it has rewarded me with intrigue, entertainment, and adventure every time; always surprising and fun, a short but truly Great American Road Trip. Plan your Scenic Big Sur Pacific Coast Highway 1 trip today!
This index now covers two road trips that start at San Simeon as mile 00 one the southerly one starts with the photo/info page for Montaña de Oro California State Park and backtracks about 42 miles to the zebras at San Simeon Page, Mile 0; the road trip heads north towards Big Sur from there. Use these fact filled virtual road trip pages for information, ideas and inspiration your your own real Scenic Big Sur California coast road trip that start from any places; ALL these places are all worth some attention and time…Have a nice cruise… BIG SUR ROAD TRIP DRIVING TIPS:
1. Gas up before you go and at least pack some snacks and a cooler of drinks, consider packing a picnic everything is way more expensive along the way. Clean your windshield and all windows, its all about the scenic views. Check tire pressures and fluids etc. this is a bad place to break down, cell phone coverage is spotty at best, there are few emergency call boxes and it costs a fortune to get towed anywhere.
2. Keep it slow and watch the speed limit signs; pull over and let faster drivers go ahead. Use your passenger’s eyes to help you drive. Watch for other cars pulled over there is probably something to look at there.
3. I like to travel from south to north because it is the inside lane a little further from the cliffs edge. Keep your eyes on the road and pull off the road a lot to look at the view and take pictures. Also this road is not good for those prone to car sickness or fear of heights.
4. You will enjoy the drive better if there is less traffic like on weekdays or during the offseason but don’t travel this highway during or right after a storm. It is also better to avoid travel during the night or extreme fog.
5. Don’t forget your camera or sunglasses.
6. Bring an ample amount of cash and small bills some expenditures require exact change and everyone appreciates it.
7. Use the links below to help plan your trip; the first ones are locations by categories like motels, restaurants, and vista points etc., followed by photo thumbnail links of all locations from south to north…roll with a smile:)
Summary Conclusion: Title: Big Sur California, Pacific Coast Highway 1 Vacation Photo Tour Thumbnails Index Page
Description: Take a photo tour along the highway on the Big Sur Pacific Coast Highway Drive Photo Tour: vacation pictures taken along PCH 1 and information about the traveler services, facilities and tourist activities at each photo location; additionally there is also travel gear, vacation apparel and stuff for purchase for your vacation and travel needs from ads on this Big Sur California PCH 1 drive tour page also.
Summary: Thumbnail photo links to pages to a photo tour along the highway on the Big Sur Pacific Coast Highway 1 Drive Photo Tour: vacation pictures taken along PCH 1 and information about the traveler services, facilities and tourist activities at each photo location.
Categories: index, thumbnail photos, thumbnail index, thumbnail gallery, big sur, california, ca, calif, pacific california coast,pacific coast highway 1 ,pch 1, vacation, travel, traveler, tourist, activities, points of interest,things to do near big sur, things to do along the pacific coast highway, things to see, see, vista points, vistas, views, places to eat, eat, restaurants, hotels, motels, resorts, lodging, lodgings, inns, lodges, location, locations, photos, photographs, backgrounds, wallpapers free, picture, pictures, image, images
Tags: index thumbnail photos thumbnails information gallery big sur california ca calif coast pacific coast highway 1 one pch 1 vacation travel traveler tourist activities points of interest things to do see vista points places eat restaurants hotels motels resorts location locations photos photographs backgrounds wallpapers free picture pictures image images